best gold stock for 2012
Large Cap Stocks Hitting 52-Week Low Prices as Dow Jones Sets New Low
by admin under best gold stock for 2012, best stocks investments for 2012, best stocks to buy now for 2012, best stocks to hold 2012, best stocks to invest, Best stocks to invest in 2011, best stocks to invest in 2012, Best stocks to invest right now, best stocks to pick up, best way to invest in 2012, good stocks to invest in 2012, great stocks to invest in 2012
Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about 50 stocks that hit 52-week lows in today’s trading. Note that this list excludes all stocks with a market capitalization less than $10 billion:
1. Agilent Technologies Inc.(NYSE:A): Up 5.48% to $31.01. Agilent Technologies, Inc. provides core bio-analytical and electronic measurement solutions to the communications, electronics, life sciences and chemical analysis industries. The Company’s operations include electronic measurement, bio-analytical measurement, semiconductor and board testing.
2. ABB Ltd.(NYSE:ABB): Up 1.77% to $16.71. ABB Limited provides power and automation technologies. The Company operates under segments that include power products, power systems, automation products, process automation and robotics.
3. Archer Daniels Midland Company(NYSE:ADM): Up 1.86% to $24.61. Archer-Daniels-Midland Company procures, transports, stores, processes, and merchandises agricultural commodities and products. The Company processes oilseeds, corn, milo, oats, barley, peanuts, and wheat. Archer-Daniels-Midland also processes produce products which have primarily two end uses including food or feed ingredients.
4. Agrium Inc.(NYSE:AGU): Up 1.37% to $64.97. Agrium Inc. supplies nitrogen, potash and phosphate for agricultural, industrial, and specialty use. The Company operates throughout the America’s while it markets its products globally.
5. American International Group, Inc.(NYSE:AIG): Up 0.44% to $20.55. American International Group, Inc. is a holding company which, through its subsidiaries provides a varied range of insurance and insurance-related activities in the United States and abroad. The Company’s main activities include both general insurance and life insurance & retirement services operations as well as financial services and asset management.
6. Applied Materials Inc.(NASDAQ:AMAT): Up 4.26% to $10.27. Applied Materials, Inc. develops, manufactures, markets, and services semiconductor wafer fabrication equipment and related spare parts for the worldwide semiconductor industry. The Company’s customers include semiconductor wafer and integrated circuit manufacturers, flat panel liquid crystal displays, solar photovoltaic cells and modules and other electronic devices manufacturers.
7. America Movil S.A.B. de C.V.(NYSE:AMX): Up 1.53% to $21.83. America Movil SAB de C.V. provides wireless communications services in all regions of Mexico. The Company also participates in telecommunications joint ventures in several other South American countries as well as in the United States.
8. Apache Corp.(NYSE:APA): Up 3.03% to $78.82. Apache Corporation is an independent energy company. The Company explores for, develops, and produces natural gas, crude oil, and natural gas liquids. The Company has operations in North America, onshore Egypt, offshore Western Australia, offshore the United Kingdom in the North Sea (North Sea), and onshore Argentina, as well as on the Chilean side of the island of Tierra del Fuego.
9. Air Products & Chemicals Inc.(NYSE:APD): Up 3.57% to $76.51. Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. produces industrial gas and related industrial process equipment. The Company also produces and markets polymer chemicals, performance chemicals, and chemical intermediates. Air Products recovers and distributes oxygen, nitrogen, argon, hydrogen, carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, synthesis gas, and helium, as well as medical and specialty gases.
10. AngloGold Ashanti Ltd.(NYSE:AU): Down 1.2% to $40.21. AngloGold Ashanti Limited is a holding company for a group of companies which explore for and mine gold internationally. The Group has operations in the Vaal River and West Witwatersrand areas of South Africa as well as Namibia, Mali, Brazil, Argentina, Australia, Tanzania and the United States.
11. Bank of America Corporation(NYSE:BAC): Up 4.16% to $5.76. Bank of America Corporation accepts deposits and offers banking, investing, asset management, and other financial and risk-management products and services. The Company has a mortgage lending subsidiary, and an investment banking and securities brokerage subsidiary.
12. Brookfield Asset Management Inc.(NYSE:BAM): Down 1.55% to $25.96. Brookfield Asset Management Inc is a global asset management company focused on property, infrastructure and renewable power. The Company owns office buildings in major business centers. Brookfield also owns and operates power generating plants, ports, railways, utilities and timberlands, and invests on behalf of third parties.
13. Banco Bradesco S.A.(NYSE:BBD): Up 2.36% to $14.75. Banco Bradesco S.A. attracts deposits and offers commercial banking services. The Bank offers business loans, personal credit, mortgages, lease financing, mutual funds, securities brokerage, and Internet banking services. Bradesco operates in Brazil and Argentina, the United States, the Cayman Islands, and the United Kingdom. Bradesco offers credit cards, insurance, and pension funds.
14. BHP Billiton plc(NYSE:BBL): Up 4.8% to $53.76. BHP Billiton Plc is an international resources company. The Company’s principal business lines are mineral exploration and production, including coal, iron ore, gold, titanium, ferroalloys, nickel and copper concentrate, as well as petroleum exploration, production, and refining.
15. Becton, Dickinson and Company(NYSE:BDX): Up 2.12% to $72.34. Becton, Dickinson and Company manufactures and sells a variety of medical supplies and devices and diagnostic systems. The Company’s products are used by health care professionals, medical research institutions, and the general public. Becton’s products are marketed worldwide.
16. Franklin Resources Inc.(NYSE:BEN): Up 5.79% to $95.61. Franklin Resources, Inc. provides investment advisory services to mutual fund, retirement, institutional/separate accounts and high net worth investors. The Company manages various asset classes including domestic, international/global and emerging markets equity, domestic, international and municipal fixed income, money funds, alternative investments, and hedge funds.
17. BHP Billiton Ltd.(NYSE:BHP): Up 4.02% to $67.01. BHP Billiton Limited is an international resources company. The Company’s principal business lines are mineral exploration and production, including coal, iron ore, gold, titanium, ferroalloys, nickel and copper concentrate, as well as petroleum exploration, production, and refining.
18. The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation(NYSE:BK): Up 6.21% to $18.82. Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (BNY Mellon) is a global financial services company. The Company provides financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services.
19. BlackRock, Inc.(NYSE:BLK): Up 3.83% to $147.20. BlackRock, Inc. provides diversified investment management services to institutional clients and to retail investors through various investment vehicles. The Company offers the BlackRock Funds and Blackrock Liquidity Funds, and also provides risk management services to fixed income institutional investors.
20. Bank of Montreal(NYSE:BMO): Down 0.43% to $53.85. Bank of Montreal, doing business as BMO Financial Group, is a Canadian chartered bank which operates throughout the world. The Bank offers commercial, corporate, governmental, international, personal banking, and trust services. Bank of Montreal also offers full brokerage, underwriting, investment, and advisory services.
21. The Bank Of Nova Scotia(NYSE:BNS): Down 2% to $47.48. Bank of Nova Scotia provides retail, commercial, international, corporate, investment and private banking services and products.
22. BP plc(NYSE:BP): Up 0.57% to $35.42. BP plc is an oil and petrochemicals company. The Company explores for and produces oil and natural gas, refines, markets, and supplies petroleum products, generates solar energy, and manufactures and markets chemicals. BP’s chemicals include terephthalic acid, acetic acid, acrylonitrile, ethylene and polyethylene.
23. The Blackstone Group(NYSE:BX): Up 5.31% to $11.91. The Blackstone Group LP is a global alternative asset manager and provider of financial advisory services. The firm’s asset management businesses include the management of corporate private equity funds, real estate funds, mezzanine funds, proprietary hedge funds and closed-end mutual funds. Blackstone also provides M&A and reorganization advisory, as well as private placement services.
24. Citigroup, Inc.(NYSE:C): Up 5.54% to $24.39. Citigroup Inc. is a diversified financial services holding company that provides a broad range of financial services to consumer and corporate customers around the world. The Company’s services include investment banking, retail brokerage, corporate banking, and cash management products and services.
25. Caterpillar Inc. (NYSE:CAT): Up 2.82% to $72.54. Caterpillar Inc. designs, manufactures, and markets construction, mining, agricultural, and forestry machinery. The Company also manufactures engines and other related parts for its equipment, and offers financing and insurance. Caterpillar distributes its products through a worldwide organization of dealers.